Sunday, October 19, 2014

Frankenstein Nails

Since it's getting closer and closer to Halloween, I was feeling festive and decided to do some Halloween nails to get in the right mood for Halloween. So what better way to do so then Frankenstein nails!                  

                                    

             So, to begins let's start with getting the supplies that are needed for this design: 

      
   
For this design you will need: A green base coat, I used Loreal's New Money. Any white nail polish, I used Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in the color White On. A black nail striper. And I would suggest using a topcoat, my personal favorite is Essie's Good to Go topcoat.  The tools you will need include two of the nail dotters. I used to largest dotter, and the second largest dotter.      

                                   

    Start by painting your nails with the green base coat. I used three layers to get my nails opaque.

                                  
                                 
    
Next I took the black nail striper and I very carefully painted on the hair of Frankenstein. This requires a steady hand and don't worry if it doesn't look perfect. The whole point of this design is to be messy and fun. I made a thick line at the top following the curve of my nail, then used the striper to make little triangle outlines for the hair and filled them in.

                                 
                                  
                                  

For the whites of the eye, I used the largest nail dotting tool and dipped it in my white nail polish and carefully dotted on two eyes for each nail, I made sure they were kind big so that you could still see them well under the black.

                                  

Using the second largest nail dotting tool, I dipped my dotter into my black nail polish and dotted on two black dots on top of the white dots to create the eyes.

                                  

Using the black nail striper again, carefully paint on the mouth. Make a line across where their mouth would be horizontally, and paint 3-4 vertical lines to create the stitched mouth look. Again this doesn't have to be perfect.

                                  

                                                  To finish it off put a top coat on!

                       

           And Walla!! Beautiful, fun, creative Frankenstein nails that's everybody will love :) 




                                                  Thanks so much for looking at my tutorial, be sure to follow me!  
                                                                                                                             Xoxo <3 Krysti                                          




    
     



      



No comments:

Post a Comment