Friday, October 31, 2014

Skeleton Nails Tutorial!

Why hello there! It's been a few days since I posted, but I am back with another tutorial today. :)  I did some cute skeleton nails on myself and on my lovely sister-in-law and now you can do them too!


Aren't these just adorable! I think they are great and they work perfectly for both Halloween, which is tomorrow, and for Dia de los Muertos, which is the day after!

Before we begin I am going to tell you the colors that I used, but feel free to use whatever colors you feel like. I went for the more metallic colors.

 For the Twill of It

Trophy Wife

No Place Like Chrome

Penny Talk

The Lace is On

And you are also going to need a black nail striper, any white polish, and the largest dotting tool.


Okay, now let's begin! First just start by painting all of your nails, I just did mine randomly and all different. 


Next, I used the dotting tool and some black polish to dot on the base of the eyes on all of the nails. They aren't supposed to be straight and perfect, they are meant to be messy and lopsided and cute!


Now time to finish off the eyes. Take the dotting tool again and some white polish and dot on the second layer of the eyes. These are also supposed to be messy and not perfect. You don't have to dot them directly in the center of the black, they can be lopsided.


And then the last and final steps are to use the black nail striper to paint on the little nose and the skeleton mouth! Just make two little slits for the nose and then draw on one horizontal line for the mouth, then 3-4 vertical lines to make it have that stitched look.


And now just top it off with a top coat. I always use my favorite, Essie's Good to Go Top coat. 


And that's all you have to do to create this cute design! It's a super easy and simple design that looks good around fall and Halloween time. 

Thanks so much for reading this tutorial and I hope you try it out. Be sure to send my pics of how your nails turned out and what colors you ended up using. If you have any other comments or questions please leave them below and I will be sure to reply to you! Be sure to follow and share this blog and follow me on Twitter and Instagram @CurlyHairNails. :) 

XOXO Krysti







No comments:

Post a Comment