Monday, November 3, 2014

Lace Nail Design Tutorial!!

Happy Monday everybody!! I decided to start off my week by doing another nail tutorial. And instead of doing a holiday themed one, I chose to do a cute design.


These remind me of a sort of lace design, so that's what I decided to call them, lol. These nails were actually pretty easy to do, they were just time consuming. I believe they took me around an hour to do, but in the end were worth it. Whenever I try out a new nail design, in the beginning I always think that they are going to end up looking really bad because they always look so weird in all of the early steps. So, you just need to remember that if they look strange and not right in the beginning, you just need to keep going because the end product could turn out 100% better than you think they will.


To begin, go ahead and choose the color that you would like to use along with the black and the white. I chose to use Mint Candy Apple by Essie. Then go ahead and paint the base coats on your nails. I chose to have two plain colored nails, and three accent nails. Paint the three accent nails all white. 


Next, you are going to take a black nail polish and on the three accent nails paint a small section from the base of the nail, following the curve, only an inch or so out from the base.


See, it looks really strange and weird right?! I already started the next step in the above picture, I forgot to take a picture before moving on, woops! For that next step, take your color that you chose and paint over the black, but leave a small arched curve at the very base shown.


For the next step, I took a black nail striper and made another single lined curved arch, but left a space between that line and the black at the base of the nail.



Then take a nail dotter, I used the second smallest which in my set is the clear one, and make a few black dots along that line.


Using the same nail dotter, right underneath that line place some white dots following the curve still.


Then, take the black nail striper and make another line on the other side of the white dots, just like the line you made before. Add some black dots along the line just like before using the dotting tool.


Now time to work on the big dots! Take the largest dotting tool and the black polish, and make three or four big dots, keeping them along the curve.


Inside of each of these dots, use the second largest dotting tool and put a dot in the center of each using the color of nail polish you chose. And then inside of that dot, use a smaller dotting tool and make another black dot in the center. 


Now to finish it up! Take the smallest dotting tool and just be creative and put a lot of tiny dots surrounding the big dots and going out to the edge of your nail.


And that is all that it takes to create these amazing creative nails! Just put a top coat on them and you are all finished!!




Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog post and I hope that you try these nails out yourself! If you do, I would love to see pictures of how they turned out. If you have any comments or questions leave them below and I will be sure to reply to them. Be sure to follow my blog and follow me on Instagram and Twitter @CurlyHairNails :) 


XOXO Krysti

No comments:

Post a Comment