Friday, November 14, 2014

Tribal Nail Art Tutorial

It's Friday!! Wohoo, weekend time! Got anything exciting going on? I'm going to the movies with some friends :) 

My disney nails were starting to chip and I just can't stand chipped nails, so I decided to do them again and do another tutorial, lol. This time I decided to do some tribal themed nails.


I really like these, and I hope you do to, try them out and then send me pics to show me! :)

Allright, lets get started. So, to start I did the base coat for all of my nails.

White Matter by Formula X
Dark Matter by Formula X
On a Silver Platter by Essie
I chose to have two accent nails, and then on the tribal design nails, I painted two white stripes down the sides, and then one black stripe down the middle.


Next, I took my color that I chose to use and painted a big X across the nail, and made sure to leave some black and white showing at the top, bottom, and sides of my nails.

Strut Your Stuff by Essie

Then I took my white polish and painted another big X across my nail on top of the blue, but left a thin outline of the blue showing.


Now comes the detail work. Next I took a black nail striper and, on the sides where the white shows, I outlined right next to where the blue starts to show. And then after that, using the striper again, I painted on half triangles inside of the white X on both the top and the bottom.


To finish off this design I took the smallest dotting tool and made an X using black dots across the white X outside of the two half triangles.


And that's all it took for me to do these tribal nails! Just add your topcoat, I use Essie's Good to Go Topcoat, and you are all finished.


All done!! :)


Thanks so much for reading my tutorial, I hope you enjoyed it. Feel free to look around my blog at my other tutorials and if you try any out, I would love to see some pictures. :) If you have any comments or questions be sure to leave them below, and I will make sure to respond. I would love for you to follow my blog and to follow me on Instagram and Twitter @CurlyHairNails. I will be back shortly with another tutorial :))



XOXO Krysti



No comments:

Post a Comment