Monday, November 10, 2014

Disney Themed Nail Art Tutorial ºoº

It's Monday again! Guess I should celebrate by doing another tutorial right?! :) I had a request by one of my lovely best friends to do a Disney themed nail tutorial, and so that is just what I did.


Aren't they just adorable! I did each nail differently to have a variety of designs and I focused on doing Mickey and Minnie mouse. So, if you would like to have these nails too, keep on reading!

Alright, so first I just painted a base coat on all of my nails, these are the colors that I used.

Forever Yummy by Essie
Dark Matter by Formula X

White Matter by Formula X
No Place Like Chrome by Essie

And then I just did one finger at a time and chose different designs for each one, I started with my pinky.


For the pinky I decided to do a design that represented Mickey's outfit. So, I took my black nail polish and made a black tip at the end to represent his legs.


Then I used a white nail striper and made two white lines to represent his pants and the buttons on the pants. For the next nail I kept it really simple and made it kind of like my accent nail. 

Ignite the Night by Essie


Then using the largest nail dotting tool, I made Mickey's head using black polish


For the next finger, I made a bunch of little Minnie Mouse heads, I took the second smallest nail dotting tool and created a bunch of Mickey Mouse heads in black polish. Then using the smallest nail dotting tool I made little red bows on all of the heads.

Now if I had a Minnie head nail, I needed to have Mickey head nail too, so that's what came next. :) I
used white polish and the white dotting tool to create a bunch of Mickey Mouse heads.

And then for the last nail, my thumb, I decided to do a bow to represent Minnie's outfit. This was probably the hardest out of all the nails, the rest are pretty easy. For this nail I took the largest dotting tool and red polish and basically created the bow without the black outline. After I had the shape of the bow, I took my black nail striper and outlined the bow.

Then I just took the smallest dotting tool and put a bunch of white dots inside of the bow to finish it.

And that is all it took for me to create these cute Disney themed nails!


Just added a topcoat, I use Essie's Good to Go topcoat, and I was all finished! :))


Tada! All finished and beautiful! 

Thanks so much for reading my tutorial and I really hope that you try them out yourself. I would love to see pictures if you do. If you have any comments or questions be sure to leave them below and I will be sure to respond to them. Be sure to follow this blog and follow me on both Twitter and Instagram @CurlyHairNails. Feel free to like and share my blog on Facebook and pin any of my blogs on Pinterest too! I will be back shortly with another nail tutorial, I already have my next one in mind :) See you later!!

XOXO Krysti







No comments:

Post a Comment