Thursday, November 20, 2014

Deer Hunting Themed Nail Tutorial

Hello everybody! How are you all today. I am doing great, I did two different nail designs today, my sister in laws and mine, those will be up in the next couple days. A few days ago I decided to do some deer hunting themed nails to celebrate deer hunting season starting in Michigan. I choose to do  it a little girlier though

\
Aren't they just cute. They are girl camo themed and I put a little deer in there too, :) Allright let's get started! 

So, first I of course started out with my base colors
You Don't Know Jacques by OPI

Brazen by Formila X


Then, I started to work on the camo. I took the second largest dotting tool, the blue one, and just took all the colors that I chose to use and made random lines and dots. Now, I don;t have a dark green, so I just created my own by using these three colors:

Radioactive by Formula X

Dark Matter by Formula X
White Matter by Formula X
All I did to make my green was put two drops of green, one drop of white, and one drop of black and it turned out the perfect color. 


I just kept going crazy with all four colors till the nails were fully 'camouflaged.'


Now to start on the little deer head! :) I took a brown polish and painted on the head outline.


Then taking the smallest dotting tool, I drew on the antlers for the deer.


Then came time to draw on her ears, eyes, and nose. for the eyes, I used a medium size dotting tool and dotted on white background for the eyes, and then using a smaller dotting tool, I dotted on the pupil of the eyes. For the ears, I took the smallest dotting tool and brown polish and carefully drew on them on.And for the mouth, I took a black polish and painted on the little noses.


There you go, just go ahead and add that topcoat girl! My favorite is Essie's Good to Go Topcoat.


Voila! All finished and shiny and beautiful :). Thanks so much for reading my tutorial, be sure to browse my blog and look at my other tutorials and follow me. Also, I would love if you followed me on Instagram and Twitter @CurlyHairNails. I have a pinterest account that you can follow as well. I always pin tons of nail art and other beauty pins. I have two more tutorials that will be coming to you super soon, there's a sneak peak of one on my Instagram, so be sure to check it out. Thanks again!


XOXO Krysti








No comments:

Post a Comment