Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Minion Nail Tutorial :)

Happy Monday Everybody!! We only have a few more days until Thanksgiving, yay!! All the yummy turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, and my favorite, pumpkin pie. Yummm. Just be sure not to forget the true meaning of thanksgiving. Think about all the blessings you have in your life and everything that you should be thankful for. Take a minute and just think about it. Even if your life doesn't seem the greatest at the moment, there are still a million things to be greatful for. So, to celebrate thanksgiving I decided to do Thanksgiving nails of course. 


But, I couldn't just do any old Thanksgiving nails! Look at these! They're little pilgrim minions! They're so stinkin cute! Lol. If you would like how to see how to get these cute little guys, then be sure to stay and read on. :)

Alright, so first, I of course just started with my base coat colors.

Sun Kissed by Sally Hanson Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear
 
White on by Formula X

Then, I decided to work on the pilgrim minions. I took a yellow polish and painted on the bodies.

Mellow Yellow by Formula X


Next, I took a brown polish, and the smallest dotting tool and painted on the hat.

You Don't Know Jacques! by OPI

Next, I took a grey polish and the largest dotting tool and dotted on the eyes. I also took the brown again and at the very bottom of the nail, I painted on a little rectangle for the shirt of the minions.

Extraordinary by Formula X

Then, I finished most of the little details on the pilgrim minion nails. I took a smaller dotting tool and used white polish and dotted on the eyes, and then the smallest dotting tool and used black polish to dot on the pupils. Then I took the smallest dotting tool and black polish again and drew a line from the goggles to the sides of the nails on both sides. I painted on the smile using the small dotting tool as well. And, I also dotted on two small buttons on the brown shirt in the corners.


Then, to finish up these nails, I took the small dotting tool and the brown polish and drew lines from the shirt up to the sides of the nails on both sides diagonally.


And that's all it took for the pilgrim minions. Now for the turkey minions! To start on these nails, I took the large dotting tool, and a bunch of Thanksgiving themed colors, and created a 'turkey feather' background on the nails.


Then, I painted on the bodies of the minions on top of the feathers.


Next, I took the grey and the black polish and dotted on the goggles for the eyes, and the mouths. I chose to do open mouths for the turkey minions.


I then took a red polish and painted on the shirt for these minions and then I took a white polish and dotted on the eyes on top of the goggles.

Cherry Red by Sally Hanson Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear

Next, I finished the details of the mouth. I took the smallest dotting tool and a light pink polish and made the tongue. And then the small dotting tool and white polish and dotted on the teeth.


Next, I finished up the eyes. I dotted on the pupils with the black polish, and then drew lines from the goggles to the sides of the nails with black polish as well.


Then lastly, I just added my topcoat and these nails were all finished! I use Essie's Good to Go Topcoat.


Tada!! All finished and adorable! 

Thanks so much or reading this tutorial, be sure to check out my other ones. I have another minion one that I did for breast cancer awareness and they are super cute as well. Be sure to follow my blog and then find me on instagram and twitter @CurlyHairNails. If you try any of my nail tutorials out, I would love to see how they turned out. :) If you have any comments or questions leave them below and I will be sure to reply to them. Thanks again!


XOXO Krysti











No comments:

Post a Comment